Here is a tentative schedule of what you can expect at the event:
1:00-2:00 p.m. Talk and book-signing by Ben Hewitt, author of The Town That Food Saved .
2:00-2:30 p.m. Workshops
- Vermiculture is Neat!
- Growing Large and Small: Container Gardening and Raised Beds
- Urban Orchards: Fruit and Nut Trees
- Urban Beekeeping
2:45-3:15 p.m. Brookline Growers Groups - meet up with like-minded growers of all levels of experience
- Schoolyard Food Gardens
- Community Gardens
- Home Gardens (on your own or with others)
- Public Space: Public Access
3:30-4:00 p.m. Workshops
- How Will My Garden Grow? Getting Started
- All About the Dirt
- Urban Orchards: Berries
- Fresh Eggs! Raising Poultry in Brookline
- Intro to Permaculture
Throughout the event:
- Enter the raffle for a chance to win one of three Bountiful Baskets chock-full of local food and growing goodies! (enter for free if you for the event!)
- Enjoy refreshments for sale from Whole Foods, Clear Flour Bakery, and Peet's Coffee
- Visit the Resource Area for merchandise sales, information, and representatives from Allandale Farm, Economy Hardware, Brookline Booksmith, Green City Growers, Land of Plenty Organics, Climate Change Action Brookline, Brookline Community Health, Brookline Public Schools Food Services, Solid Waste Action Committee, and more!